About The Ride
34th Annual The Ben to the Shore Bike Tour
Please check back later for the 2022 date.
Registration Fee Schedule
March 19, 2021: Team Captain Registration Begins
March 22, 2021 - April 30, 2021: $30
May 1, 2021 - June 30 , 2021: $50
July 1, 2021 - Capacity: $75
Whether we ride together in-person or separately while virtual, the format will depend on many uncertain factors, most importantly public safety and local regulations.
Our intention is to host the ride in-person with the largest number of riders while being safe and abiding by all local guidelines. If we are unable to logistically hold the ride in-person at any capacity, we will pivot to a virtual event which will include updated, interactive activity tracking, rider & team challenges, and awards for top participants.
Not a bike rider or does 65 miles seem like a lot? We're bringing back What's Your 65? again this year. This participant type option lets you do 65 of anything you want to raise money for the FBBCF. Eat 65 donuts, pick up 65 pieces of trash in your neighborhood, play 65 rounds of tennis - your options are endless!
We're looking forward to seeing you this year and will keep you updated every step of the way.
- All riders must register and commit to raising at least $200 (this does not include registration fee)
- Registration includes the ability to sign up individually or create or join a team
- Complimentary return transportation for you and your bike is included with your registration fee, however, you must chose these options during registration. Return transportation will go back to both start points. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.
- Virtual Riders raise money for the event but do not physically participate in the ride
- Volunteers are needed for all aspects of the ride and can sign up for specific locations during registration
- Upon registration, each participant will automatically receive a customizable fundraising page which will help solicit donations and show their fundraising progress
- All riders must raise at least $200 to receive your participation bib
- Your fundraising page has a customizable link to share and is the best tool to solicit donations from family and friends
- Most companies offer matching gifts so remember to remind your donors to make a match request through their company. All matching gifts will count towards your fundraising total but must be received by event day to count towards your minimum. Some matching gifts can take up to 4 months to receive.
About the Starting Lines
- Prompt start at 7am from 6th and Race Streets at the base of the Ben Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia for the 65 Mile Classic Route
- Riders participating in the 50 Mile Lite Route from Berlin, New Jersey will start around 8am at the discretion of the Route Safety Director depending on rider speed and route and weather conditions
About the Route
- The 65 Mile Classic Route takes riders over the Ben Franklin Bridge, through scenic South Jersey to Atlantic City
- The 50 Mile Lite Route begins near the first rest stop in Berlin, New Jersey and takes riders on the same scenic South Jersey route to Atlantic City
- 4 rest stops with food, refreshments, first aid stations, and bike support are located along the route
- Bike and medical support will be constantly roving the route should you need assistance
- The finish line is at the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City, where riders, volunteers, friends and family are welcomed to an outdoor party including food, drinks, music and prizes.
About the After Party
- Located outside next to the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City
- Riders and volunteers are free to enter
- Friends and family can enter with a $20 donation
- The After Party is a fundraiser within a fundraiser and the money raised will help us towards our mission of supporting our region's first responders and building healthy connections in the communities they serve
- We offer a special hotel rate at the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City, group rate information will be available in the spring of 2021
For more information, email [email protected] or call 484-532-7274.