About The Ride
32nd Annual The Ben to the Shore Bike Tour
Sunday, July 28, 2019
Registration Fee Schedule
March 7, 2019: Team Captain Registration Begins
March 18, 2019 - April 30, 2019: $30
May 1, 2019 - May 31, 2019: $50
June 1, 2019 - Capacity: $75
- All riders must register and collect an additional fundraising minimum of $200 . This does not include registration fee, see registration fee schedule above.
- Minimum donations must be raised by the time you pick up your bib.
- Bib pick up is Thursday, July 25th 11am - 7pm, Friday, July 26th, 11am - 7pm, Saturday, July 27th 10am - 2pm at the Irish Pub, 2007 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. We do not mail bibs but you can have someone pick it up for you.
- Each participant will automatically be set up with a customizable fundraising page to help solicit donations and be able to check their progress.
- Easy to navigate website registration and support staff at the Families Behind the Badge Children's Foundation are available to guide you through registration and offer tips on how to reach your fundraising goals.
- Rider return transportation option must be chosen during registration so that we can provide an adequate amount of buses. Buses will be designated back to both start-points.
- We also offer a complimentary service of bringing your bike back to your starting location. This option also must be chosen when registering. While we do our best to handle your bike with care but the bikes are in close quarters on trucks back to Philadelphia and Berlin, NJ. If you are very fond of your bike or it is very valuable, we do not recommend using this service. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.
- Want to raise money, but don't want to ride 50 or 65 miles? You can now register as a "virtual" rider. A virtual rider is someone who would like to help raise money for the Tour de Shore, but does not want to participate in the ride. Virtual riders are not required to raise a specific amount of money.
- Volunteers are needed for all aspects of the bike tour. When you register as a volunteer, a fundraising page will be created for you. While you are not required to raise any money, this is a way for you to become even more involved in the ride!
About the Start Lines
- Prompt start at 7am from the base of the Ben Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia for Classic The Ben to the Shore Bike Tour
- Riders participating in the 50 mile ride from Berlin, New Jersey will start around 8am at the discretion of the Route Safety Director depending on rider speed and route and weather conditions
About the Route
- The Classic Ben to the Shore Bike Tour takes the rider over the Ben Franklin Bridge, through scenic South Jersey to Atlantic City
- The Lite Ben to the Shore Bike Tour begins in Berlin, New Jersey and takes riders on the same scenic South Jersey route to Atlantic City
- 4 rest stops with food, refreshments, first aid stations, and bike support are located along the route
- Bike and medical support will be constantly roving the route should you need assistance
- The finish line is at the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City, where riders, volunteers, friends and family are welcomed to an outdoor party including food, drinks, music and prizes.
About the After Party
- Located outside next to the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City
- Riders and volunteers are free to enter
- Friends and family can enter with a $20 donation
- The After Party is a fundraiser within a fundraiser and the money raised will help us towards our goal of helping the families of fallen first responders & children's charities in the Philadelphia & South Jersey area
- We offer a special hotel rate at the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City for all Ben to the Shore Bike Shore participants and supporters. Group rate is $175 for Saturday night and $135 for Sunday night with code TDS19. Reservations can be made here.
For more information, email BentoShore@gmail.com or call 215-568-5603.