The Families Behind the Badge Children’s Foundation’s guidelines reflect a continuous evolution of grantmaking to local children’s charities. The foundation has a specific interest in awarding grants to non-profits focused on education, recreation, and providing financial assistance to the families of fallen first responders. Funding priority will be given to applicants who meet the criteria and are voted through the Families Behind the Badge Children’s Foundation and its board.
The FBBCF is also proud to offer grants in the name of The Ben to the Shore Bike Tour teams who reach our team incentive levels. Click here for more information about our team incentive levels.
To view a list of 2019 recipients, click here.
- Children must be involved
- Must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Must be in the Greater Philadelphia and/or South Jersey Area
- Funding must go towards a specific program or project, we do not fund an organization's infrastructure
- All grants are awarded on a yearly basis
Areas of funding:
- Families of fallen first responders
How to receive a grant:
The Families Behind the Badge Children's Foundation meets once a year to award grants. The application process begins in August and grants are awarded by the board of directors in September.
The 2019 grant application is now closed. Please check back in August 2020 for the next award cycle.