Fundraising incentives are a way to thank our participants and teams for going above and beyond. For individuals, all fundraising money, including matching gifts, must be received before August 14th to qualify. For teams, all fundraising money, including matching gifts, must be received before event day to qualify for a tent and before August 14th for a donation.
If you reach an individual fundraising milestone listed below, you will receive that prize plus any of the prizes before it.
If your team reaches a fundraising milestone listed below, the Families Behind the Badge Children's Foundation will make a donation in your team name to a local children's charity of your choice and your team will receive a 10x10 tent in the VIP Team Village at the after party.
Last year, 14 of our teams reached a team incentive donation milestone and had donations made in their name to a local children's charity of their choice such as the Ronald McDonald House, the Special Olympics of Carbon County, the Montgomery County Hero Fund, and the Casey Doolin Foundation. Click here for a full list of grants that are made possible by the Families Behind the Badge Children's Foundation.
1. Start Now. The sooner you start asking, the more money you will raise.
2. Develop a list of prospective donors. Start with your email address book and also think about clubs and organizations you belong to. Your fundraising page allows you to import your entire address book, as well as link your fundraising page to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Then, contact everyone you know. You may be surprised who gives!
3. Customize your personal fundraising page. The most compelling fundraising pages tell a story about why you are participating. Include photos, videos, and anything you can think of to show your passion and enthusiasm for the ride. Update your fundraising page and your social media accounts, with information about training, progress, or challenges so that your friends and family can stay engaged throughout your fundraising effort. Click here for a guide on how to maximize your personal fundraising page.
4. Don’t be shy about asking. In addition to sending out emails on your own or through your fundraising page, don’t forget to follow-up. Ask, ask, and ask again at every possible opportunity. Don't be shy about asking more than once. Your enthusiasm will be contagious!
5. Inquire about matching gifts. Ask your employer if your company offers matching gifts. And remind your friends and family to ask if their employers/companies offer matching gifts. Many matching gifts can take a couple of months for the donor company to process so start early. Matching gifts can increase your fundraising efforts enormously!
6. Social Media, Social Media, Social Media Use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn to update friends on your fundraising progress and provide a direct link to your fundraising page. Use these tools to encourage your friends and family to make a donation. Social media is a great way to stay in front of people without making a 'hard ask'.
7. Get creative and make it fun!