2019 Individual Fundraising Incentive Prizes:
Team Fundraising Incentives
If your team reaches a fundraising milestone listed below, the Families Behind the Badge Children's Foundation will make a donation in your team name to a local children's charity of your choice.
If your team raises over $75,000, we will donate $15,000
If your team raises over $65,000, we will donate $10,000
If your team raises over $50,000, we will donate $7,500
If your team raises over $30,000, we will donate $5,000
If your team raises over $20,000, we will donate $2,500
If your team raises over $15,000, we will donate $1,000
If your team raises $15,000 or more, you will get a 10X10 tent in the VIP village at the after party
(All fundraising money, including matching gifts, must be received before August 12th to qualify for incentive prizes)
Last year, 10 of our teams reached a team incentive milestone and had donations made in their name to a local children's charity of their choice such as Shriner's Hospital for Children, the Special Olympics of Carbon County, the Montgomery County Hero Fund, and Kevin from Heaven. Click here for a full list of grants that are made possible by the Families Behind the Badge Children's Foundation.
1. Start Now.
The sooner you start asking, the more money you will raise. Take advantage of the tools we have provided such as the ideas listed below, our Facebook and Twitter links, and email everyone you know asking for support!
2. Develop a list of prospective donors.
Start with your email address book and also think about clubs and organizations you belong to. This website allows you to import you entire address book, as well as link your Facebook and Twitter pages to your account. Then, contact everyone you know. You'll be surprised who gives!
3. Customize your personal fundraising webpage.
The most compelling fundraising pages tell a story about why you are participating. Include photos, videos and anything you can think of to show your passion and enthusiasm for the ride. Update your DonorDrive page and your social media sites, with information about training, progress, or challenges so that your friends and family can stay engaged throughout your fundraising effort.
4. Don’t be shy about asking.
In addition to sending out emails on your own or through the DonorDrive website, don’t forget to follow-up. Ask, ask, and ask again at every possible opportunity. Don't be shy about asking more than once. You’re enthusiasm will be contagious!
5. Inquire about matching gifts.
Ask your employer if your company offers matching gifts. And remind your friends and family to ask if their employers/companies offer matching gifts. This can increase your fundraising efforts enormously!
6. Social Media, Social Media, Social Media
Use status updates on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to update friends on your fundraising progress and provide a direct link to your fundraising webpage. Use these tools to encourage your friends and family to make a donation. Social media is a great way to stay in front of people without making a 'hard ask'.
7. Get creative and make it fun!
- Ask your boss if you can have a casual Friday, participants must donate $5.
- Add the URL for your fundraising webpage to your email signature.
- Go to your favorite store and ask if you can put a donation can in their store.
- Give out "piggy banks" and ask people to save their change (or allowance) for a few weeks.
- Throw a Fundraising Happy Hour! Ask your local bar if you can set up drink specials and have donation cans set up around the bar. In fact, many of our teams host very successful fundraising happy hours at the Irish Pub! We’d be happy to support you in your fundraising efforts! Email [email protected] or call 215-568-5603 to learn more.
- Click here for more ideas
- Click here for a customizable donation letter