About The Ride
33rd Annual The Ben to the Shore Bike Tour
Sunday, July 26, 2020
Registration Fee Schedule
February 24, 2020: Team Captain Registration Begins
March 4, 2020 - April 15, 2020: $30
April 16, 2020 - May 31, 2020: $50
June 1, 2020 - Capacity: $75
- All riders must register and commit to raising at least $200 (this does not include registration fee)
- Registration includes the ability to sign up individually or create or join a team
- Complimentary return transportation for you and your bike is included with your registration fee, however, you must chose these options during registration - return transportation will go back to both start points. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.
- Virtual Riders raise money for the event but do not physically participate in the ride
- Volunteers are needed for all aspects of the ride and can sign up for specific locations during registration
- Upon registration, each participant will automatically receive a customizable fundraising page which will help solicit donations and show their fundraising progress
- All riders must raise at least $200 to pick up your bib
- Your fundraising page has a customizable link to share and is the best tool to solicit donations from family and friends
- If your fundraising page does not show at least $200 you will not be able to pick up your bib
- Bib pick up is the three days leading up to the ride at the Irish Pub, 2007 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. We do not mail bibs but you can have someone pick it up for you.
- Most companies offer matching gifts, remember to remind your donors to make a match request through their company. All matching gifts will count towards your fundraising total but must be received by bib pick-up to count towards your minimum. Some matching gifts can take up to 4 months to recieve.
About the Starting Lines
- Prompt start at 7am from 5th and Race Streets at the base of the Ben Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia for the classic 65 mile ride
- Riders participating in the 50 mile ride from Berlin, New Jersey will start around 8am at the discretion of the Route Safety Director depending on rider speed and route and weather conditions
About the Route
- The Classic route takes riders over the Ben Franklin Bridge, through scenic South Jersey to Atlantic City
- The Lite route begins near the first rest stop in Berlin, New Jersey and takes riders on the same scenic South Jersey route to Atlantic City
- 4 rest stops with food, refreshments, first aid stations, and bike support are located along the route
- Bike and medical support will be constantly roving the route should you need assistance
- The finish line is at the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City, where riders, volunteers, friends and family are welcomed to an outdoor party including food, drinks, music and prizes.
About the After Party
- Located outside next to the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City
- Riders and volunteers are free to enter
- Friends and family can enter with a $20 donation
- The After Party is a fundraiser within a fundraiser and the money raised will help us towards our goal of helping the families of fallen first responders & children's charities in the Philadelphia & South Jersey area
- We offer a special hotel rate at the Showboat Hotel in Atlantic City, group rate information will be available in the spring of 2020.
For more information, email [email protected] or call 215-568-5603.