Individual Fundraising Incentive Prizes:
If you reach a personal fundraising milestone listed below, you will receive that prize plus any of the lower incentive prizes below it.
*All fundraising money, including matching gifts, must be received before September 14th to qualify for an incentive prize*
If you raise $200, you will receive a B2S 33 Face Guard
If you raise $500, you will receive a FBBCF & B2S Cycling Cap
If you raise $1,000, you will receive B2S 33 Causal Pants
If you raise $2,500, you will receive a custom B2S 33 Bike Jersey
Team Fundraising Incentives
If your team reaches a fundraising milestone listed below, the Families Behind the Badge Children's Foundation will make a donation in your team name to a local children's charity of your choice.
*All fundraising money, including matching gifts, must be received before September 14th to qualify for the team incentive donation*
*NEW - Lower threshold levels this year*
If your team raises over $37,500, we will donate $7,500
If your team raises over $32,500, we will donate $5,000
If your team raises over $25,000, we will donate $3,750
If your team raises over $15,000, we will donate $2,500
If your team raises over $10,000, we will donate $1,250
If your team raises over $7,500, we will donate $500
Last year, 14 of our teams reached a team incentive donation milestone and had donations made in their name to a local children's charity of their choice such as the Ronald McDonald House, the Special Olympics of Carbon County, the Montgomery County Hero Fund, and the Casey Doolin Foundation. Click here for a full list of grants that are made possible by the Families Behind the Badge Children's Foundation.
1. Start Now.
The sooner you start asking, the more money you will raise.
2. Develop a list of prospective donors.
Start with your email address book and also think about clubs and organizations you belong to. Your fundraising page allows you to import your entire address book, as well as link your fundraising page to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Then, contact everyone you know. You may be surprised who gives!
3. Customize your personal fundraising page.
The most compelling fundraising pages tell a story about why you are participating. Include photos, videos, and anything you can think of to show your passion and enthusiasm for the ride. Update your fundraising page and your social media accounts, with information about training, progress, or challenges so that your friends and family can stay engaged throughout your fundraising effort. Click here for a guide on how to maximize your personal fundraising page.
4. Don’t be shy about asking.
In addition to sending out emails on your own or through your fundraising page, don’t forget to follow-up. Ask, ask, and ask again at every possible opportunity. Don't be shy about asking more than once. Your enthusiasm will be contagious!
5. Inquire about matching gifts.
Ask your employer if your company offers matching gifts. And remind your friends and family to ask if their employers/companies offer matching gifts. Many matching gifts can take a couple of months for the donor company to process so start early. Matching gifts can increase your fundraising efforts enormously!
6. Social Media, Social Media, Social Media
Use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn to update friends on your fundraising progress and provide a direct link to your fundraising page. Use these tools to encourage your friends and family to make a donation. Social media is a great way to stay in front of people without making a 'hard ask'.
7. Get creative and make it fun!
- Ask your boss if you can have a casual Friday, participants must donate $5.
- Add the URL for your fundraising page to your email signature.
- Go to your favorite store and ask if you can put a donation can on their counter.
- Give out "piggy banks" and ask people to save their change (or allowance) for a few weeks.
- Throw a Fundraising Happy Hour! Ask your local bar if you can set up drink specials and have donation cans set up around the bar. In fact, many of our teams host very successful fundraising happy hours at the Irish Pub! We’d be happy to support you in your fundraising efforts! Email bike @FBBCF.org or call 215-568-5603 to learn more.
- Click here for more fundraising ideas
- Click here to download a customizable donation letter